Tuesday, November 18, 2008

H2O Project Thus Far

I don't believe I have recently learned any new knowledge regarding my research project. I gained almost all my knowledge about my topic within the first week of researching. I learned the current budget for beach and bay water testing in California is $2 million for the next two years, so this plan is not a permanent solution.

One piece of information I found unique was that there was no form of water testing before 1998. California's governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, vetoed the funding for water testing in September 2008, but the California State Water Resources Control board recently voted to initiate a plan that would fund water testing for the next two years; the state has only required water testing for the past 10 years. I'm surprised that I have not scheduled a any interviews so far, I really thought I would have had finished a couple of interviews by now or at least scheduled most of them. The interviews are a crucial part of my article, so I really need to work twice as fast the next couple of weeks.

I am still having trouble thinking of a way to display my final product rather than simply printing my article out on paper; I'm trying to brainstorm ideas of some sort of 3D display. I want my display to clearly have some sort of direct representation of California, possible a cut out piece of wood or foam board shaped like the state. Tomorrow, I wish to schedule an interview on Friday with representatives of Coastkeeper. I want to try and schedule some interviews with other government agencies in the next two days, however I will not be in town over Thanksgiving break, so this may prevent me from having any of the interviews that week.

No comments: