Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Internship Questions

I wish to learn professional interaction skills used in a workplace environment. I would like to truly learn the weight of responsibilities in the workplace and see how interaction is incorporated throughout the day. I am curious to see how the "adult world" differs from my school environment. I also would like to see how I will apply concepts I have learned from academic environment and apply them into a setting.

I hope to discover how to better manage my time while working at my internship. The workplace demands stricter deadlines and requirements than those that I am familiar with in school. I have never had a job, so I am looking forward to seeing how well I adapt to a workplace environment. I am anxious to apply my academic and social habits to a completely new setting so I can learn what I need to improve.

I plan on putting in my best effort towards interacting professionally with others in the workplace and into my project, what ever it may be. I plan on forming a good relationship with my mentor and other coworkers. I want to enjoy my internship as much as possible, regardless if the internship is not focused in the area I would like to pursue for a career.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It strikes me that you are actually excited to be able to see how it is having a job and want to apply your working skills towards it. Good job!

I wonder what kind of an internship you will have, because it seems like your ready for the big leagues.

Now when I think about my internship I know that I will be getting a taste of the "adult world" it will be more strict and non tolerance.